Have you held a full licence for 4 years?
Do you get on well with people?
Do you want to earn up to £800 p.wk?
Are you presentable and professional?
Are you enthusiastic and motivated?
Our Driving Instructors are the key to our future – we want you!
- You have to be enthusiastic, get on well with people from all walks of life and be prepared to study.
- Be presentable, professional and make a good impression on us.
- There is no age limitation – 21 years+ (except that you have had a fairly clean Driving licence for at least 3.5 years or more).
- You will have to pay your own exam fees to Driving Standards Agency, but these are only £90 for Part 1, £111 for Part2 and £111 for Part 3 exams.
- You will also have to buy, or borrow from your Library, the DSA’s recommended reading books.
On acceptance we will give you:
- A home study course for the Part 1 exam, structured so that you can complete most of it in your spare time at home with visits to our office for progress checks and test exams.
- Up to 12 hours of in-car driver training – to develop your Driving Skill to the standard required to pass the Part 2 Driving Test.
- 40 hours of in-car and classroom training in how to teach Learner Drivers.
- A one day induction course – to prepare you to work as a successful Driving Instructor.
On completion you take out a “Trainee Licence” and start teaching for real:
- We will arrange a fully equipped (and maintained) car for teaching
- We wil introduce you to pupils for you to teach
- We will look after all of your bookings, work diary, credit card payments
- We will provide a further 20 hours of training that is needed for you to take your last and final Part 3 Teaching exam